Welcome to the GamesUnited BZFlag League site!
GU League was officially launched on 23 of January 2005 and we can proudly say that more than 20,000 official matches have been played since!
Here you will find possibly the best BZFlag players ever. The best dodgers, jumpers, fine shooters play here together with players of all skills from newcomers to average players. Everyone learns here by watching matches, by asking questions about tactics, and by playing. We keep high standards of behavior and sport, we do not allow insulting, abusing or cheating in any way (be sure to read our rules before joining).
If you want to mess with the best you are in the right place. :-) This is your first time here? Please be sure to register on the bzflag forum - follow the steps below.
How to play in the GU league?Follow these steps
- Register your callsign on the official forum (click on register tab, top right side): The BZFLAG forum is HERE.
- Now that your tank is registered, you have to be able to spawn(play). To do that, login on this site using your registered callsign and password and message one of the administrative team (contact page) to get your callsign on GU league group list. If you are not on the list your callsign cannot spawn or talk.
- Last but not least, you can have one callsign on the GU league group list only, and you can belong to one team only. ONE person, ONE callsign, ONE team. Simple. Double identities on the GU league group list or belonging to more than one team will get you banned. We are very serious about this as it is considered as cheating.
Note: If you are not in a team and you do not log onto the site during a 2 month period, your account will be automatically deleted and you will be removed from the spawn list.
Finally, to best enjoy the league you should join a team/clan or make a team of your own, teams have between 2 and 10 members usually. Official league matches are the real fun of the league...
The official GU match servers are:
- quol.guleague.org:5158 (Also: 5157)
- gu.bzexcess.com:5158 (Also: 5157)
- BRL.ARPA.NET:5158 (Also: 5160)
All the servers play the identical map on the same settings. Only matches played on an official server will be counted for the league. Match replays can be viewed on port:5159 (port:59996 for dub).
Thanks to Pimpinella (dub), mana (bzf), brad (brad), Grans Remedy (enuffsaid), Bullet Catcher (BRL), and blast (bzexcess) for kindly hosting these match servers.
Want to be a part of the league conversations? Please, feel free to join us on IRC (irc.freenode.net ##guleague).
The Official GU League forum is HERE.
Looking for a match? Need to find who is online right now? Use Strayer's league checker or the "Servers" tab above.
If you are not familiar with this league ... we play matches on the HIX-like map. GU style is simple: 2-teams, CTF (Capture The Flag), 3 bullets, no weapon or superflags flags.
What is a HIX map? Well, come and play our public server with the official GU League settings.
- bzf.bzflag.net:5156 [GU style HIX 2 map, CTF red vs. purple, no superflags]
or different variants of the same theme, to feel what the map is like
- bzf.bzflag.net:5154 [GU style HIX 2 map, FFA, no superflags]
- bzf.bzflag.net:5155 [GU style HIX 2 map, CTF 4 teams, no superflags]
- bzf.bzflag.net:5162 [GU style (HiX map), 4 team FairCTF]
If you wish a head-to-head battle try
- quol.bzflag.bz:5155 [Quol's American/Canadian HIX 1vs1 League Server]
- 1vs1.catay.be:5157 (Also: 5158)[Catay's Euro HIX 1vs1 League Servers]
If you like our GU League you should join the